With the firm since 2012
Phone: (618) 463-1928
Fax: (618) 463-1989
Hon. Ralph Mendelsohn (Ret.) is Of Counsel at the Caffey Law Group LLC and focuses on the general practice of law, mediation and arbitration. Ralph is a retired Judge of the Third Judicial Circuit, State of Illinois.
Upon his retirement from the judiciary, Judge Mendelsohn established his own mediation practice where he provided mediation and arbitration services to the legal community, organized labor, and the general public. He conducted numerous mediations in Madison County Illinois and in the greater St. Louis metropolitan area. Those mediations were in the areas of personal injury including automobile accidents, premises liability, legal and medical malpractice, product liability and asbestos claims.
Ralph also serves as an arbitrator in contract cases, construction cases, underinsured and uninsured motorist cases, and in grievance arbitrations both private and governmental employers and labor organizations.
- February, 2000: appointed Judge for the Third Judicial Circuit, Madison County, Illinois, retiring in 2010. Judge Mendelsohn presided over a hundred plus jury and bench trials of personal injury cases, including automobile accident, product liability, medical malpractice, asbestos cases, and business cases.
- December of 2004, Judge Mendelsohn became the Presiding Judge of the Associate Judge Civil Division.
- January of 2007 Judge Mendelsohn was instrumental in establishing a Mandatory Arbitration Program in Madison County and was the Supervising Judge of the Arbitration Program until his retirement. The Program was the most successful of its kind in the State of Illinois.
- Prior to becoming a Judge, he was the principal partner for 25 years of the law firm of Mendelsohn & Simmons. He practiced in the areas of trial work in both criminal and civil cases, business and corporate law, probate, and marital law.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- J.D. - University of Illinois College of Law, Urbana-Champagne, IL
- B.S. - University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne, IL