If you are suffering form a work related injury, you may have rights to compensation they you are not aware of. That is why you should turn to the Caffey Firm for a thorough consultation of your options. Under Illinois’ workers’ compensation statutes, you may not be aware of the variety of benefits for work-related injuries. At the Caffey Firm, we have the expert knowledge and experience in workers’ compensation claims to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Workers’ compensation benefits may include:
- Medical Benefits – you have the right to select up to two doctors of your own choosing and to have all necessary procedures and costs paid for by your employer. Your future medical care will also be covered if you qualify for lifetime disability benefits.
- Temporary Total Disability Benefits – if your injuries prevent you from working for more than three days, you may be able to recover a portion of your lost wages (two-thirds of your weekly pay average from the previous year up to specified maximum amounts) for the time you are unable to work.
- Permanent Disability Benefits – if your injuries are determined to be permanent and will prevent you from returning to your old job, lifetime disability benefits may be awarded for permanent partial and permanent total disabilities (again, two-thirds of your weekly pay average from the previous year up to specified maximum amounts).
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits – if you cannot return to your old job but could hold gainful employment with retraining or further education, your employer may be held responsible for all necessary costs related to your job pursuit. If your new line of work pays less than your old one, you may also receive up to two-thirds of the difference in pay.
- Death Benefits – death benefits for personal loss, medical expenses, and funeral costs may be awarded to certain immediate family members.